Feng Shui (translated as- 'Wind Water') is an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics believed to use the laws of both Heaven (astronomy) and Earth (geography) to help one improve life by receiving positive energy.
A good Feng Shui bedroom is a bedroom that is inviting, exciting and soothing at the same time. Whether you are there for a quick nap, good night sleep or a pleasant evening, there are a variety of simple, practical and cost-efficient ways to create the perfect feng shui bedroom.
More links on Feng Shui-
Bring good energy into your bedroom with some of these basic feng shui bedroom tips.
- Let go of the electronics like the TV and computer or exercise equipment.
Good Feng Shui energy is destroyed when these items are present in your bedroom.
- Let in the fresh air by keeping the windows open whenever possible and/or using a high quality air-purifier.
You can’t achieve good feng shui if the air you breather in your bedroom is stale and full of pollutants. While plants enhance the look of your room, they are not good Feng Shui, unless your bedroom is large enough to have the plants far from your bed.
- Use a dimmer switch to adjust the energy accordingly or have multi -levels of lighting in your bedroom.
Since light is one of the strongest manifestations of energy it is very important to have good lighting in the bedroom. Of course the best Feng Shui lighting is candles, but be sure they are organic and properly placed.
- Use soothing colors to achieve a good feng shui balance in your bedroom.
A true Feng Shui has a balanced decor to promote the best flow of energy for restorative sleep, as well as sexual healing. Best colors for the bedroom are considered the so-called “skin” or natural colors, and which range from pale white to rich chocolate brown.
- Choose your images cautiously, since images carry powerful feng shui energy.
Best Feng Shui advice for bedroom art is to choose images that represent things you see happening in your life.
- When it comes to your actual bed here are some basic guidelines:
Be sure your bed is accessible from both sides, have 2 bedside tables and avoid having your bed face the door. Having a well-balanced, good-looking bed with a solid mattress, high- quality organic sheets and comforter helps create a positive, harmonious energy.
- Keep all the doors closed at night.
Be sure to have your closet, bathroom and bedroom doors closed to keep in the natural flow of energy you need to strengthen you body and mind while you sleep.
Creating the perfect Feng Shui bedroom depends on personal taste, but the goal of each item you choose should reflect love, healing and relaxation.