Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Low-Cost House: 2 Lakhs budget

__________________________________________________________

Pradeep
Alappuzha, Cherthala

We are planing to construct a low cost house - Maximum 2 Lakhs budget. Is it possible in the present situation?

__________________________________________________________




Ans:

We appreciate your effort in trying to construct a house of Rs 2 Lakhs budget. Before you embark on this mission, do prepare mentally for the extra hard work you need to put in planning and budgeting all the activities to be performed right from design stage to completion.

First, what you need is a very cost effective design that incorporates all your requirements without over-utilizing space or structural elements. The design has to be worked and re-worked until it is Cost-effectively Optimized. Take extra time and effort in finalizing the design.

The next step is to decide on the materials to be used. With a constrained budget, you cannot afford to have a margin of error. Find the most cost-effective building materials in your area. It would vary depending on the location of your residence. Eg- Laterite Stones are Cost Effective in the North Kerala Malabar Region. Do research on the most cost-effective wood, flooring, roofing and other materials in your region.

Study your Site Conditions to avoid any unexpected future setbacks. Do make sure that the Site did not previously have wells, ponds or clay fields that were filled without proper soil consolidation. Use the most appropriate foundation depending on the soil condition.

Appoint a Contractor who has previous experience in Low-Cost House Construction. You may contact the local branch of Cost-effective Construction Agencies like Nirmiti, Costford, Habitat etc. Have long and extensive discussions with the Contractor and be very clear about the various stages of construction and the time and cost incurred at each stage.

Once Construction starts, stick to the schedule without a break in the work. Any delay may further increase the cost and material wastage. In short, constructing your residence on a tight budget requires meticulous planning and execution.

To get a Cost-effective Design for your site, send us your Site Plan and List of Requirements as in>> http://www.keralaarchitect.com/designstudio.htm


More links on Low-Cost House-




13 comments:

  1. Sir

    very sincere and frank advice.
    I shall come back in case of any need.
    regards

    saju Ernakulam

    ReplyDelete
  2. their is a company with build house for 1,lack which is that company pls if you know about that company pls write to me (pramod.m43@gmail.com)
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are planing to construct a medium big house, a low cost of - Maximum 5 Lakhs budget. Is it possible in the present situation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sir
    I am anoop working in ernakulam planning to build a blow1000 sq ft low cost but traditionally fasionable house in Kochi , can I get more details and some models
    Mail Id – anoopmj03star@gmail.com
    Budget up to 6 lakhs
    flooring tiles
    hope u reply
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. sir...


    we are planning to construct a house..budget is around 10laks..double storied preferabl..4/5 bedrooms required....dont want to spend a penny on show...is it possible...

    kasim yasar

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know there is a company builds house for lakh, which is that company? if you know that contact me 9037796621

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are planing to construct a medium big house, a low cost of - Maximum 5 Lakhs budget. Is it possible in the present situation.write to me .ggopinathsreevalsom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sir,

    Heard about mud/sand made houses in Kerala,Kindly let me know the contact details of the company/contractor.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a house in Mokavoor Calicut. I am planning to construct upstairs. The area is around 850 sq ft. I have some plans in my mind. But to implement them, I need the help of an architect and builder. My idea is a cost effective house. Can you guide me? My email id is eprabhakaran@bsnl.in

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am living in Mokavoor Calicut. In my house, I want to construct upstairs. I have some plans in my mind. But to implement them, I need the help of an architect and a builder. I am planning on a low budget house but fully furnished. The area is around 900 sq ft. Can you guide me? You can write to me at eprabhakaran@bsnl.in

    ReplyDelete
  11. sir,
    iam sangeeth from pattambi, palakkad(dst),kerala.I want to construct a home with minimum cost. can u help me.I request u to contact me if possible in the no. mentioned as soon as possible to discuss regarding this.
    mob:09048239534,09047267717

    WITH REGARDS
    SANGEETH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sir,
    I a Government Employee and applied for Department HBA for Rs.8,00,000/-. I humbly requesting to give an idea to consutruct 3 Bed Room House in 6 Cent Squire Plot at Kollam, Kerala
    hariharankvd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. sir

    i want to construct a house of having 4 bed rooms in 8 cent plot.what is the minimum cost.?

    Sudheesh
    Waynad

    ReplyDelete